Art Stars: Top tips for creating the perfect Christmas card…
Win the chance to get your designs printed and sold online and in stores in time for Christmas!
Have you heard about the launch of Art Stars, the brand new Daybreak competition? If you don’t know already, they are giving young art enthusiasts across the UK, the chance to turn their mantel masterpieces into a real Hallmark card sold through hallmark.co.uk and Hallmark stores this Christmas!
That’s right, ITV’s Daybreak are calling for talented young artists between the ages of 7-14 to get creative and design a Christmas card with a verse or greeting inside based on the theme ‘What Christmas means to me’.
But hurry, the competition closes this coming Monday, 17th of October at 8pm!
So, can’t wait to enter but looking for a bit of inspiration to kick start your creativity? Simply take a look at our top tips for helpful hints with your entry:-
1. Tell us a story! Sticking to the theme of the competition, Daybreak wants you to tell them what Christmas means to you. Think about what makes your Christmases special and try to incorporate this into your designs.
2. Get inspired! Before you get started, be sure to check out our Christmas card section on the Hallmark website for festive ideas and inspiration for your designs. (Be careful though, no copying! We’re looking for the most inventive and original designs.)
3. Think Happy! Giles Andreae, the creator of Purple Ronnie says: “Make sure your cards are fun, bright and full of joy. Christmas is a happy time of year so we like to celebrate with lots of bright colours and cheerful words and illustrations!” To see Giles’s Purple Ronnie lesson, simply click here.
4. Keep it simple! Remember not to stick anything onto your card. Sequins and sparkles look pretty but unfortunately they can’t be printed! Stick to pens and pencils.
5. Find your inner artist! Budding artist and One Direction member Zayn can show you how to improve your drawing skills and who knows, you could turn in to a future Picasso!
6. Bust a rhyme! We’d love to read some creative verses inside our Christmas cards. It doesn’t have to rhyme just let us know what Christmas means to you in your own words.
7. If you’re still struggling for inspiration, watch out for tips from celebrities and artists alike all this week, including those from Art Attack’s Neil Buchanan!
8. Finally, to make sure your entry is included, don’t forget to check the entry requirements and terms and conditions, on the Daybreak website.
We look forward to seeing all your Art Stars entries!