We have had a really busy time over the last four weeks in the run-up to Mother’s Day.
We have been truly overwhelmed with the quality and volume of entries into our Mum’s Wall competition, so thank you to everyone who entered.
The online competition was launched as part of our annual Cards for a Cure™ campaign which supports breast cancer charities to fund vital research into the disease. We asked you to get creative and express in less than 140 characters why your mum means the world to you. Considering how much we all love our mums we know this was no easy task!
The top five entries were those most ‘liked’ on our virtual Mums’ Wall. It received thousands of visitors and hundreds of heartfelt and cheeky messages, including contributions from celebrities such as Holly Willoughby, Levi Roots, Greg Rusedski and Rosemary Conley, who were all keen to lend their support to the campaign – which can still be viewed at: http://cardsforacure.hallmark.co.uk .
The best message along with the four other most ‘liked’ messages will now be made into cards to go on sale in time for Mother’s Day 2012. The best entries were as follows:
4. Julie Ann Dixon from Seaton Delaval near Whitley Bay – Julie’s message to her mum, Noreen Dobey, read: “If it wasn’t for her I wouldn’t be the person I am today. Thanks for everything you say and do, mum.”
The final design of the cards will use the creativity of educational youth group, Graffiti Workshop UK, as inspiration. The group, which works with children to install self confidence, channel creativity and realise goals, was also instrumental in producing a real life graffiti covered Mums’ Wall at the Southbank Centre in London, which kick started the campaign. You can see the video of this launch event here.
This is the fifth year of the Cards for a Cure™ campaign which, through the support of our card sales, contributes £250,000 to Breast Cancer Campaign and Action Breast Cancer, a programme of the Irish Cancer Society, each Mother’s Day.
We will also be revealing who won our iPad 2 competition very soon, so stay tuned for that!
Possibly Related Posts:
- Things to do for mum this Mother’s Day on a budget
- Are you turning in to your mum?!
- Win an iPad2 by supporting Breast Cancer Campaign on our Mums Wall
- The best of the Mums Wall messages so far……
- Behind the scenes video at the official launch of the Hallmark Mums Wall